Jesus Perez told reporters the Venezuelan leader, whose victory in the August 15 recall poll renewed his mandate to rule, would travel to the United States next month to attend the annual opening of the United Nations General Assembly.
The minister said Chavez was "ready to talk to anyone" to address differences between Venezuela and its biggest oil client, the United States.
Relations have been strained by US criticism of the left-wing president's rule over the world's No 5 oil exporter and Chavez's own attacks on US policies.
But "nothing concrete" was planned so far for a meeting with Bush, Perez said.
"Let's hope somebody can help us to clear up a series of doubts (in our relations) that we can talk to each other face to face," he told a news conference in Caracas.
Perez said prospects for a high-level meeting had been improved by Washington's recognition of the result of the August 15 referendum, in which Chavez won 59 percent of the vote to defeat an opposition bid to recall him from office.
"The picture that. President Bush's administration should have is that the only guarantee of democracy in Venezuela at this moment is President Chavez," he added.
Although international observers verified the referendum result, opposition leaders have accused populist Chavez and his supporters of winning by fraud to prolong what critics say is an inept and dictatorial government until 2006 elections.
US officials have urged the opposition to provide evidence to back this charge.
Since he first won elections in 1998, Chavez has annoyed the US government by forging a close friendship and alliance with Cuba's Communist President Fidel Castro and attacking Washington's foreign and trade policies as "imperialist".
Angered by US criticism of his self-styled "revolution", the Venezuelan leader has accused Bush of backing opposition efforts to topple him, including a short-lived 2002 coup.